Ohh the Manipulation!

If an ex bf doesn't even acknowledge your existence for the five months that you've been broken up, does he have a right to contact you via telephone call at work to tell you "how foul" you are for messing around with one of his friends who has had crush on you since you and you're ex were together?

Ran into my ex's friend and we talked, and started to hang out, but I thought my ex would be upset and he just got back into town after being gone for about six weeks and I was the first phone call he made when he got picked up from the airport. RMEMEMBER tho, this is the same ex that acted like I was dead to the world and never reallynever responded to any email about returning my belongings so I don't think I really owe him an explanantion for anything....do I?

His friend told him because from my standpoint it was his responsibility if things were going to continue with us...we wanted to tell him so my ex wasn't blind-sided...well my ex told him it was totally cool, but then as soon as his friend left him that's when he called me to tell me how gross I am and so on, hung up on me and that was it. Normally I would've called back and emailed or something, but I haven't and won't give in to the manipulation, but it still is ridiculous to me that all the time I tried to talk to him, this is why he calls me at work....

Tell him to stop calling you. Period. His phone records would obviously show his attempts at calling you if need be.

When its over, its over. He needs to move on.

Well, as they say, all is fair in love and war. Whether he has the right or not - which he doesn't - people usually don't care about rights when it comes to emotions, particularly jealousy. By not taking the bait and calling him back, just ignore him and that'll be the best response to him. If he calls again, don't give him the chance to hang up on you. Either don't answer the phone, or if you answer before you realize who's calling, hang up on him.