Loneliness...

How do you get rid of the loneliness when you've had a break up? i've felt lonely for a long time because i cut my friends out when i was in the relationship, & now they have their own partners & lives & i'm left on the shelf. I find it hard to make new friends also, i just wish i had my ex back!!! advice anyone!!??

i cut my friends out when i was in the relationship,

Big mistake. Friends are there when you need them but many people do as you have done and bury their life in a relationship. You just will have to sit it out and go out learn to be happy with yourself. It takes time to find friends. You might see if any of your old friends still have any regard for you but don't hold your breath.

I was am in re same boat as you my ex was so jealous and since the majority of my friends were girls I cut them out. And now three years later all alone, luckily the few numbers I remembered I called and started to rekindle our old friendships. At least I know my lesson now but what sucks i'm a very shy mellow person and I suck at meeting new people.

• Author

EmperorR... Its 16 months for me since we broke up,how do you cope with the loneliness???? i know what you mean about making new friends!!!

Only let the busy working fill in the blank. I have that friends issue as well. Luckily, they are still worrying about me and willing to contact me and catch up sometimes.