Reading into this...

Hello all, I'm new to this and love the advice I've seen so I decided to give this a shot. My ex and I were together (living) for the past two years. He was deployed for his job for two months (feb.-apr.) overseas and when he came home things were not the same at all. I tried to understand and be there but he shut me out, we broke up and I moved out. We tried the friend thing for a month, but I couldn't deal with it. I ended up saying I couldn't do the friend thing anymore and he sent me a text saying I was all he ever wanted, but that he didn't want me to repsond to that comment. So I respected that. Sent him a card in June(was not mushy at all), but he never responded.

So in July I realized that all my winter jackets, among other things were still at the house. I proceeded to send an email July 21 saying that he could ship them to me and I would even give him a fed-ex number or get the things picked up which ever would have been easier for him. He finally responded on Sept 1 saying that he was sorry it took him so long to respond, he wasn't ready to communicate with me and that he had just left again and will not be home until the middle of October and if I need my things before then I can let him know and he will make arrangements to have them given to me.

I guess I am having a hard time because I tried to make this easy and he could have gotten my things together originally when I asked for them, is he asking me to wait for him to get home because he possibly wants to see me? I don't even know why he is away again unless he volunteered to go to get away from things because he was not the next in rotation to leave. I am still in love with him and I'd give anything to get this worked out...

Any advice is greatly appreciated!