LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

How to deal with dominant women? :-(

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Old 19th August 2008, 1:01 PM   #1

How to deal with dominant women? :-(

I have the following problem. I am married to a dominant woman but it is hard for me to put up with her constant criticism and her demands so we argue a lot. I read somewhere that it is good to challenge dominant women because apparently if you give in to them all the time they get bored of you. However, my wife is talking about divorcing me because all we do according to her is argueing about money, bad habits etc...So, my question is, how can one have a normal relationship with a dominant person? If you give in to them all the time they get bored of you and if you don't give in to them, they complain about the constant arguments???Seems to me like a catch 22 situation.
Drakakhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2008, 1:14 PM   #2
Established Member

Sounds like you're pretty unhappy either way. What does she say when you try to discuss this with her?
sedgwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2008, 1:15 PM   #3
Established Member

Journal Entries: 38
Sometimes the winning move is not to play

What you've described is a toxic relationship. Serve her up some divorce papers and a silence sandwich and see how that goes down
carhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2008, 1:16 PM   #4
Established Member

It's called a no-win situation and she's not so much dominant as she is controlling. May be a subtle difference but dominant does not necessarily mean controlling or critical. Unless she stops the controlling behavior, you're better off without her. And from what I've learned about people like this, it's very important to them to control so it's very hard to stop. If you left her, she'd go nuts because she didn't actually control the split up. It's doubtful that she'll ever leave you, she's probably just threatening you. If there are ways you can improve, that's fine but she's handling things the wrong way. Either get her to stop acting this way or leave her because life is too short for this kind of crap.
Angel1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2008, 6:52 PM   #5
Established Member

Acquiesce to her in life, dominate her in bed.

Choke her, slap her, pull her hair... make her your bitch in the bedroom.
Old 19th August 2008, 7:20 PM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enema View Post
Acquiesce to her in life, dominate her in bed.

Choke her, slap her, pull her hair... make her your bitch in the bedroom.

Yea when all else fails, fall back on that
nowhereman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2008, 7:23 PM   #7
Established Member

Touchy situation you are in!!! Bottom line is there can only be one Alpha male and she should date a woman if she is that dominant! That may sound harsh, but it is true! Definitely the type of women I could never even try to put up with. You may try and redefine your relationship with her, but if her personality is that in your face, you better be prepared for conflict.

Sounds like you allowed her to act this way and it will be very difficult to change her behavior now. A red flag for me is a woman that says she is independent. Usually means she acts dominant.

Some people will not agree with me on this, but biblical teachings would point to the women be subservient to a male. I personally believe a relationship is 100 percent to 100 percent. Dominance is usually in the form of disrespect. A definite deal breaker in any normal/ healthy relationship.

Good luck and be advised any attempt to correct her bad behavior is going to be met with a whole of resistance!

Last edited by ioncebelieved; 19th August 2008 at 7:25 PM..
ioncebelieved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2008, 7:25 PM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakakhan View Post
How to deal with dominant women? :-( .
you dont. Nothing you can do. Be her Bit*h or get out. You cant change her,only she can for herself. t seems she is wired this way. Good luck

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." edison
nopainnogain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2008, 4:41 AM   #9

She is away

Hello Everyone

Thank you very much for the kind replies. According to my wife I only seem to have annoying habits. I have tried to change some of them but I can hardly reinvent myself completely.

I wonder why she married me because she apparently sometimes simply can't stand me. The funny thing is that at the beginning of our relationship I found it exciting that she used to take control but now the constant nagging starts to get seriously on my nerves.

Maybe it is indeed a good idea to have rougher sex although I am not really into that. I always have been very considerate and giving in to her needs in the bedroom but maybe that was indeed the wrong approach. Basically, I simply don't know what to do anymore. She's with her family now. The last time we spoke she told me she wouldn't come back. In spite of everything I miss her a lot.
Old 21st August 2008, 3:35 PM   #10

The decision has been made. She wants a divorce. I have come to realize that it is not only her fault. I didn't pay enough attention to her and worked too much. To her money wasn't all that important. She's Latin , I am Caucacian. Maybe it was inevitable.