LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Breaking Up, Reconciliation & Coping > Breaks and Breaking Up

Does "I miss you" mean anything?

Breaks and Breaking Up It happens to most everyone at some point in life! Share your experiences!

Old 28th July 2008, 10:43 AM   #1
Established Member

Does "I miss you" mean anything?

What does it mean when a guy tells you he misses you? Would you say this to someone you were once involved with if you were no longer in love with them? I don't think I would miss someone that I wasn't in love with. What's your perspective on this?
Angel1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008, 11:04 AM   #2
Established Member

Journal Entries: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel1111 View Post
What does it mean when a guy tells you he misses you? Would you say this to someone you were once involved with if you were no longer in love with them? I don't think I would miss someone that I wasn't in love with. What's your perspective on this?
I think it depends on the type of Relationship. If he says he misses you it could be along the lines of friendship, or if it was a romantic R then it could be in a romatic way or even both. Just my thoughts.

AP
Old 28th July 2008, 11:05 AM   #3
Established Member

Since my cynicism has reached its height, people say a lot of things they don't mean and even if they mean it, they can miss the closeness or other subcomponent of your relationship but not miss or be in love/care about the other person.
Leoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008, 2:35 PM   #4
Established Member

I wouldn't look into it too deeply, it's natural to miss people, we miss friends etc.
babes23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008, 4:47 PM   #5
Established Member

I'm talking about in a romantic relationship and they're saying it to get you back.
Old 28th July 2008, 4:56 PM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel1111 View Post
I'm talking about in a romantic relationship and they're saying it to get you back.
There's your answer then, he misses you, but who knows what his intentions are, maybe he truly means it, the only person who knows that is himself.
babes23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008, 5:15 PM   #7
Established Member

Heck, occasionally I still "miss" my ex and it's been over 7 years~! I don't want her, wouldn't have her back... hell I wouldn't take her to a dog fight if she promised to win !

Occasionally I miss her though.

Don't look for things that are not there. It only leads to pain.
LakesideDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008, 5:28 PM   #8
Established Member

I recently broke up with my GF, I still talk with her and tell her I miss her. I do miss her, but I'm not romantically attracted to her, she is just a great girl and I miss that.

Unfortunately, I think I making it harder for her staying in contact, I really need to break that but I feel terrible when I try.

D'oh!
Rooster_DAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008, 9:28 PM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakesideDream View Post
Heck, occasionally I still "miss" my ex and it's been over 7 years~! I don't want her, wouldn't have her back... hell I wouldn't take her to a dog fight if she promised to win !

Occasionally I miss her though.

Don't look for things that are not there. It only leads to pain.
Would you text or call her to tell her you miss her? I don't understand why someone would do that unless they meant something by it. I'm sure I'll never understand.
Old 29th July 2008, 12:45 AM   #10
Established Member

Maybe he just wants sex,maybe he misses your company,Or being in a relationship with you. Dont buy into it yet......

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." edison
nopainnogain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2008, 1:03 AM   #11
Established Member

I do agree that this isn't the time to buy into anything until he's been more definitive. There are times where people do this for an ego stroke, to keep you on a string. Other times, it's possible they do miss you and want to reconnect on a romantic level.

If you want him back, you could always make it known to him that's the case but since I don't know the background of your breakup and the dynamics of your relationship, it's difficult to say if this is a wise move or not.

One thing is for certain. If you want to make it happen, someone has to break the stalemate. You can either do it or wait for him to do it. In either situation, you risk something. It's your choice what you're willing to risk and how you'll feel if that's not what he's looking for.
Leoni is offline   Reply With Quote