Does anyone believe in relationship karma?

adorablebabiii

adorablebabiii

I was just wondering.. does anybody believe in Karma??? If you have any stories were your ex did you wrong in your relationship (left you for somebody else etc) and ended up having karma in that relationship they left you for.. please post here. Or any stories of Karma with your ex.. please post. THANK YOU!:D

i've always believed in karma,second time ex-wife cheated,she ran off w/a family member. couple yrs. later he had minor sugery, somehow he neglected to wake up.

I believe in karma and I hope she comes around and kicks my husband square in his a$$. If I could help her along I would.;)

Too bad my ex doesn't feel the same. He lost wonderful me and he is just as happy as can be. Ok I need to say a quick prayer to the Karma Goddess

i've had relationship karma both ways, but i think it has more to do with the choices you make and how you live.

if your ex really did you wrong - behaved selfishly, vindictively, hurt you without a good reason - chances are they're going to continue to live in that space until they learn their lesson, which is a pretty good guarantee that they'll have it come back around to them. it's not so much karma as it is getting what you give. if you behave poorly, you can win a few, hurt people along the way, coast along for a while, but eventually your actions catch up to you.

it's not immediate and it's not always linear. but most people get theirs in the end.

Oh yeah, DEFINITELY!

My ex-husband had an affair while I was pregnant. It devastated me. He married her and that started a downward spiral of hell on earth for him. They have both cheated on each other (she actually got pregnant by another guy and had an abortion), they have both been arrested for domestic violence, got a house repo'd, he got a DUI, her family stole some of his stuff, the list goes on and on.

He called drunk about 6 months ago and told me that he is having an affair with some girl he met at a bar. :laugh:

Issues & tissues

Definitely. I truly believe in "what goes round, comes round" and usually it does only a hundred-fold worse.

And which is why I also believe we should forgive those who have hurt us.

dated a guy who didn't mind sleeping with me, but never thought twice to wax poetical about his "one that got away," a red-headed hussy who treated him like crap but he still wanted her.

he ended up marrying her a few years after we quit dating; she was married, sleeping with him, got pregnant with his baby, left her husband to marry my ex, then dumped his *ss the minute the baby was born. Guess Miss Wonderful realized that she couldn't live with him, but still managed to yank his chain after they were divorced ...

kind of funny to think about, when I remember how he'd make me feel "lesser" because I wasn't some sexy red-head like his ex. :laugh:

Maybe I do, maybe I don't.

But I would like to say that I hope all my exes are happy and fulfilled in their lives, regardles of what happenend between us.

They are all still valid people with their own lives.

I would never wish ill even on my enemies. (And certainly not on my enemas)

I'll wish evil on my enemies, and sometimes randoms too just for the hell of it... :D

The idea of karma attacking someone and not someone else means that one person is unequivocally right and the other completely wrong. That almost never happens. That's why I don't believe in karma of any sort. Umm, Paris Hilton, anyone?

The best revenge is a life well lived. Who cares what your ex is doing or if they "got theirs?" As long as you remain happy and fulfilled without them, you have your revenge.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

I do not believe in karma. Did you see any evidence of karma while you were in the relationship with them or around them in any other capacity? I never have. I have learned that people will repeat their past behavior pretty regularly and reliably, and they will repeatedly experience pretty much the same consequences assuming their behavior isn't part of some greater unraveling or breakdown or something like that. Relationship Karma may come along in the form of an angry ex or an experience that teaches the person how to continue being a sack of crap while minimizing the negative consequences, but that's about the extent of it. I mean every once in a while you will have the honor of seeing someone experience some negative consequence, and then assume that it is some sort of justice for what they did to you or others, but this is a rarity and probably not related to you or the way they treated you at all. The world does not revolve around you sadly enough.

As far as living well, I think that's good for YOU, but the belief that you shouldn't hit someone back when they hit you just because it's a relationship only emboldens people to be huge pieces of crap in those scenarios knowing that there probably won't be any consequences for their wrongdoings. Now living well and making sure they know it, well that's another thing (and pretty effective), but not everyone eases into that quite as well as others do.

The idea that revenge/retaliation is wrong when dealing with romantic relationships is about as dumb a thing as I can think of. In what other part of your life is it actually appropriate not to take action when you are made a victim or treated negatively in some way? When you are the victim of a crime, you call the police and leave it to them (why do we have jails/prisons, fines, etc.). When you get the wrong food or bad service you send it back or leave a slightly worse tip. When someone hit you when you were 5yo you hit them back. People needlessly overcomplicate simple things beyond belief. Reacting hostilely and/or negatively in some way when you are treated similarly is, at times, an important part of protecting yourself in pretty much every part of your life, it just is.

People learn not to do things by experiencing the negative or positive effects related to their actions. If someone does not experience any negative consequences but definitely reaps the rewards then they will probably not have an aversion to doing the same thing in the future. Hell, they might be more inclined to do so. People are simple, predictable animals who refuse to believe that they are just that. The only way we can believe that they aren't just animals is by making EVERYTHING more complicated so they can sleep at night. We're pretty delusional as a species. It's a form of speciesism and a denial of oneself.

Now I'm not saying that you should concentrate on revenge and appropriate negative reactions, but rather that they are a normal part of life and important to remaining well rounded and balanced. Even the people who always take the high road and pretend to be high and mighty or above revenge will hit back once in a while, although it's probably going to be in a very roundabout and overcomplicated way that they don't realize or refuse to recognize. It's pretty natural, even if people don't like to admit it.

So anyway, if you really want an ex or something to "get theirs", you'll probably have to give it to them. Otherwise just learn not to care about it anymore and get over it that way. I don't think there's necessarily a right or wrong in there, it's just too situation specific.

Edited by Chanke4252
No. I don't believe in karma at all. Either that, or its taking its own sweet time.

the thing about karma is that you don't always see it when it happens. but rest assured that it does.

The best revenge is a life well lived. Who cares what your ex is doing or if they "got theirs?" As long as you remain happy and fulfilled without them, you have your revenge.

Cheers.

Why call it revenge then? And can it even be revenge if no one sees you or knows you are living well?

the thing about karma is that you don't always see it when it happens. but rest assured that it does.

Is that like believing in the holy spirit, or angels? What if you aren't the type of person who is satisfied by blind faith? Sure you don't need to see it, but how are you sure that it happens at all?

It's like an athlete who gets injured every once in a while. It's probably not going to keep him from competing as long as it doesn't happen too frequently.

I've seen some things that someone might interpret as karma a few times, but usually a freak incident or pretty obviously the fallout from some unraveling, instability or crisis that the person is experiencing and that person's wrongdoings were more often the result of that in the first place than anything else.

Life isn't fair. Bad people do bad things to good people and get what they want from them most of the time.

Why call it revenge then? And can it even be revenge if no one sees you or knows you are living well?

I fully agree. I see it as more of a misuse of words to help fill some deeper desire.

I was just wondering.. does anybody believe in Karma??? If you have any stories were your ex did you wrong in your relationship (left you for somebody else etc) and ended up having karma in that relationship they left you for.. please post here. Or any stories of Karma with your ex.. please post. THANK YOU!:D

I don't believe in karma.. maybe this is a way people use to heal or to think that their SO will also get hurt... but I think karma is BS.. :rolleyes:

I believe in karma. I believe that everyone will get whats coming to them when they have done wrong. Of course you will not always know for sure because you can't watch the person 24/7.

My ex cheated on me, and I think that me finding out and calling her out on it was the karma in effect.

I believe in karma. I believe that everyone will get whats coming to them when they have done wrong. Of course you will not always know for sure because you can't watch the person 24/7.

My ex cheated on me, and I think that me finding out and calling her out on it was the karma in effect.

I think we use different terminology but I can definitely buy that. I feel like passing responsibility or desire off for some magical force to deal with is kind of silly.