happiness

well.... i don't know if anyone has read any of my post over the last few months. it has been a really rough time for me. i have taken a lot of time to get to know myself and figure out the things that i want. well.... i think it is paying off. my ex has agreed to try again. you see... i am the one who ended the relationship because i was terrified of what we had and when i realized i was in love with him he said he couldn't do it and was moving on. after the last few months he has realized he hasn't moved past this relationship and would regret not putting forth an effort to make this relationship work. especially since we both are miserable without each other. we met this weekend and it was amazing. i am sharing this because i have read a number of threads that reference when people start to feel better or get back together they stop posting. i wanted to post something a little positive and to also support NC. it really helped both of us. i was completely against it at first but gave it a try and we are now working out our problems. it is going to be a long and difficult road but we are both willing to make it work. this site was very helpful and supportive. i just wanted to share my story. i know we have a lot of work ahead but i am very excited about our future. thanks!!!

That is good to hear that you are able to work things out. You must be over the moon! :) Keep your mind and heart wide open.

Well all have a different ship to sail and good and bad things happen at different times for everyone. So i hope noone compares themselves to your story and feel sorry for themselves that the same isnt happening for them. Be happy for others when you are feeling sad. I know that my time will come for when i am taken to the moon also but i know that other things have to happen first, such as more self descovery, more fun, more learning etc and i want it that way.

Thanks for sharing sad2day.

oh, that's so great. i wish i could hang out with my ex again. i miss him so much, thought everything was so good, and then he just freaked out and ran. i've been nc for four months now. how long did you two go?

It has been 4 days since mine left me and we both seem to want LC for now.

When you first broke up, were u religiously NC immediately, or did you weaken a few times?

Thats a good story.... im with agrofemm, broke up a few days ago... I ended it, now i want him back.. i've just slipped a little asking him to reconsider, hes thinking about it he says.. I am going NC totally now.... Like the last poster asked, did you slip a few times with the NC at the start???

• Author

i slipped a lot. i would go two weeks and send an email. over time i let more time go between my emails. i also stopped talking to him about "us". i couldn't deal with the conversations any more either. i would just send an email about football or something regular. he responded casually as well. it felt good to talk like real people again. i think he started to notice that i was becoming stronger on my own. i fought with myself about feeling better. i thought if i felt better i was loosing him but i think the moment i learned i could make we found each other again. it's strange how "timing" works. i don't know if my story helps at all but i hope it does. its a new thing for both of us and we are trying to take it slow but are both excited.

Da_1_n_OnlyN3na

o wow!...thats a very long time...i wonder if thats how long it might take my ex to realise what hes losing...i wonder if 5 months will be enough for him to regret leaving all those beautiful moments we had toguether even when we were fighting...because right now i feel a really weird vibe from him..he always looks down when im near him or when he sees me and looks sad as if he wanted to be with me and missed me but then other times like on the phone he acts like nothing..like he never had any feelings for me...but he never likes to talk about our future or feelings......im not going to wait though because i know hes going to come back i just know...but when he does i will be the one who will be over him....hes not worth it anymore..hes changed...he used to be a better person when he was with me...i gave him everything but now that he decided to let me go, he has nothing...

cograts sad2day im really happy for you i hope everything works very well for you and your partner.....and one thing that i am going to tell you that i should have done and i didnt..is...love him like you will never see him again...dont waste your time fighting over stupid shyt because you never know when he could dissapear out of your life and you will be regreting it...good luck..bye bye

Da_1_n_OnlyN3na

umm can i ask you a favor??? well i would want if you could please help me in my situation and help me step by step on things i should and should not do i am going through alot now and i really need the advice of someone who has been through it already.......im 18 and i am really in love with him and i just dont know what actions to take..iam too deppressed at this point...can you please help me??