Should I be friends with Ex who works next door.

We broke up four months ago after about 8 months dating but it became serious fast we were going to move in etc.

She started dating this guy who she says is "nice" but in my opinion is way beneath her (he is a strip club manager with a three year old which in my book makes him a bad parent and a low life) She is way out of his league and people that have seen them around town are shocked. But anyway. I've lost respect for her because of this. I can accept the fact she is gone but don't want to be friends with someone who would go for a guy like this.

Anyway I tried to get her back and when I started to give up and pull aways she became very flirty in late Oct - early Nov when I told her I was seeing someone else (she even bit me a few times) until she had me on the hook again and then was cold again.

So just my luck she gets a job in the office building right next to me. She has called me three times this week. I was just going to send her a text saying "congrats on the job good luck" because it is important to me that she has no reason to hate me.

The only reason I would consider being her friend is she needs a positive influence (her mom begged me to still be friends with her) and I care about her but when I see her it messes me up. (she is very attractive and lots of fun to be around and we still have a very un-friend like connection)

In any case I was thinking I'll send the text and disappear

or I was thinking I would write her a letter stating in a "nice" way that I had lost respect for her and for that reason could not be friends with her.

What do you think?? I need to move on that is for sure but know I am going to run into her sooner then later.