Sudden break up...

After 3 years, my girlfriend suddenly left me (with a text message saying she feels nothing romantic for me anymore.) I'm 21, and she's 18.

Wow. This hurts. Allot. Allot allot. I made tons of sacrifices for this girl, and I never loved someone so much in my 21 years of existence. But, I'm sure you heard all of this before, my news is nothing new to a forum like this.

Obviously there are specifics, but quite honestly I'm too drained to go into them at the moment. All I can say now is, I don't think there's someone else (but on the other hand I might be very wrong.)

I hope that here's someone who could share how he/she got through a similar experience - I'm going through a rather important time in my life; writing tests and exams, and I can't afford to screw up now - but my mind is blank, my concentration in non-existent.

Please, any advice (even if it's advice like "drink allot".)

Thanks ahead.

Sorry Dawkirst,

There really isn't any quick fix, but if it helps, try to remind yourself of all the Sh**y times she put you through, including breaking up via text msg., that alone would tick me off enough to help get through this & you you will get through it.

Scorp

P.s. try not to drink too much. I'll tell ya what, i'll have a couple on your behalf!

Okay, first of all, it's "a lot" -- two words. "Allot" means to ration out. Sorry, the writer in me had to say it.

Secondly, dumping someone by text message is the lowest of the low. It recently happened to a friend of mine, and we're in our 30s. Sometimes immaturity knows no bounds. I was dumped by email once, after I'd spent an entire weekend with my long-distance boyfriend. The fact that he was too much of a chicken to say it to my face, and instead waited until I was back home and sent me an email, helped A LOT (as it were) in the process of getting over him.

Sorry to hear about your breakup. She is super shallow to breakup with you over a text message! You both are not 15years old. People just need to grow up and unfortunately, some take years and years and years to do that.

My ex (who is 25), broke up with me almost 9months ago did it over the phone.

He called me out of the blues, one random sunny day, and kicked me out of his life. The phone call was only 1 minute long. I had every emotion going through me from anger, shock, being sad, etc. I could not believe that after 2.5yrs of how much time I invested in him emotionally, physically, and omg not to mention financially I spent tons of money on him that is what I get? A one minute phone call good bye? Like I am some one night stand type of random chick he met and just kicks to the curb?

I get this from a man who gave me nothing but fake lies about marriage? children? and how he loved me? nothing but a heartless bastard thats all he was.

I also thought there was someone else, and who knows maybe there was...but still I was very upset that he ended things the way he did. We were suppose to meet in two weeks and he could have at least had the balls to do it in person. But nope, he found the easy way out because he didn't have the guts to do it in person.

Well, I am sorry this happened to you. But I can relate to your situation. I have come on this board many times complaining about my situation and cannot forget that loser, especially because he was my first everything and how I invested so much in him, sacrificed so much and believed all the fake things he would tell me (loves me, wants to get married ettc.) how can someone who gives another so much false hope just dump them like they don't give a crap? probably because the so called LOVE they calimed to have was never there in the first place. It was never real love.

For now, just stick with No Contact. You deserve better than that. She belongs with my loser ex. And no, don't do the drinking thing, I tried that and it made things worse, I just cried and cried even more. Keep yourself busy and NC. And like another person said, try to remember the messed up things she did or all the sacrifces you made for her.

• Author

Scorpio13c, thanks for the tip: I'll try to use that thought to vent all the bad and sad ones.

sedgwick, in my defense, I'm a South African, with English only as a second language, but thanks A LOT for the advice! ;)

hrtbroken99, I'm very sorry to hear about your situation - and thanks for sharing it, it helps me a lot (see, sedgwick, I'm a quick learner.)

Thanks guys, it's going rough at the moment; my emotions are doing the roller coaster thing...it's not cool, but I'm surviving.