I haven't heard from my boyfriend in 5 days, and he ignores my texts!

I have been in a relationship with a gentleman for five months now. He lives in my city, but works out of town, so it's a long distance relationship. Since we don't see each other as often as we would like to we spend hours on the phone. During the time that we've been in a relationship, I've seen him five times. But I'm starting to feel that something isn't right.

The last two times he's been home, he couldn't see me because he was having issued with his child's mother. The first time it happened, I didn't hear from him for five days, and when I finally heard from him five days later - and him being out of town, he told me that it was because his child's mother wouldn't let him have his son for the weekend, he was in a foul mood and didn't feel like talking to anyone or being around anyone. The second time, we made plans to get together, but issues arose again with the child's mother, and we didn't see each other, but at least this time we were able to talk to each other. I talked to him last Wednesday evening before he left to go back to his hometown on Thursday morning. When I called him he said he would call me back after he got off of the phone with his brother. He never called back. I sent him a text message on Thursday evening stating "hey baby." He didn't respond until Friday morning with "how bad is the weather?" No hello, how are you, nothing, just asking about the weather. I responded, but never heard from him again. I sent another text message Friday evening stating "hey _______," still no response.

He stated that while he was there he was going to see some friends in the next major city from where is hometown is, which is about two hours away. He has time to hook up with his old friends, but he doesn't have 10 minutes to pick up the phone and call me? I'm wondering if I've even crossed his mind. Even on my busiest day I can send him a text message letting him know that I am thinking about him. I'm feeling that by choosing to ignore me, he is sending a message that he doesn't want to be bothered anymore. I don't know. Honestly, I don't know how I would feeel if he decided to pick up the phone and call me. I went through this before with him, accepting (somewhat) his story of him being in a bad mood and not wanting to talk to or be around anyone, and I don't want to feel that he can just decide one day to be in a bad mood and not want to talk to me. I told myself I would not call him, if he wants to talk then let him call me, I'm not initiating contact with him since I've done that already, and he's choosing to ignore me. I don't want to feel that I'm getting played - but that's how I'm feeling. Any advice from you loveshackers would be appreciated.

LakesideDream

You've seen him 5 times and he's your BF? It's a "relationship"?

Ah.... I don't think you have a firm handle on the situation. It sounds to me like he isn't really interested. Dollars to donuts, you let him have a couple of test drives and he decided not to buy or even lease.

Stop contacting him and see what happens. If he gets interested again you can decide what to do. If you don't hear from him for a couple of weeks, move on.

Lots of men (and women) just "go quiet" after test drives, they know that they aren't interested, but don't feel like the drama of breaking up a "relationship" that never was.

green-eyed beauty

It almost sounds as if he still has "relations" going on with his child's mother. Hanky-panky goin' on? 'Ya know what I mean?

But....I wouldn't contact him anymore. He should contact you at this point. I really don't think "test drives" has anything to do with it. I just don't think he's making a real effort to have a romantic relationship with you.

No Contact for two weeks, just to start out with, then we see what kind of progress you are making and we see what happens?

green-eyed beauty
No Contact for two weeks, just to start out with, then we see what kind of progress you are making and we see what happens?

Well....the ball's in his court. You have made it clear you want to see him by contacting him. If he doesn't contact you, you know his interest level. Right now it doesn't seem very high.