Utter Despair

My Fiance just broke off our engagement. We were to be married in July. He used God as his reason. He said God told him he was to break off our engagement because over the weekend God gave him a glimpse of what my mother would be like in our marriage. My dad died suddenly a little over 6 months ago and my mom is having a hard time coping. My Fiance wants us to live 2 hours away so she kept saying things like you are taking my daughter away from me.

I asked him how he was sure it was God. He said his mother is his prayer partner and she confirmed that God was saying the same thing to her. I am so devestated. He was a part of every facet of my life. I wish I could be angry but I love him so much. He said God told him he was to marry me. Now all of a sudden God changes his mind? I just feel awful. I want him back.

God is giving you a sign that this guy sure don't know how to be there for you and support you at a time of need. It sounds like you are better off without him.

LittleWoman12

I guess you really didn't know this person. Did you know that GOD was a big part of his life. Whenever you wanted sex and he didn't, did he tell you GOD said we shouldn't do it now?

How much did you know about this GOD? Could it be a code word for something else?

Umm, this guy is a loon plain and simple. You don't realize it now, but you just saved youself a fortune in attorney's fees because you most assuredly would have been there one day.

HE was TOLD BY GOD and his MOTHER his prayer partner confirmed it?

That is pathetic.

Either he is entirely nuts, or this loser and his mother would have made you miserable.

get up, dust yourself off and get involved with a SANE person.

I feel terribly for your pain, but really sorry for him if "GOD" is telling him these foolish things. You dodged a bullet, my dear, painful as this is right now. A grown-up person who loves with his heart does NOT listen to his mother's GOD visions at the expense of his sweetheart's happiness. There are people who believe in and listen to GOD that are far more sophisticated than this guy.

Hope you are taking care of yourself, it sucks. But you are better off without him, and some great guy who knows himself and doesn't listen to this blather will sweep you off your feet when this is all over. Doesn't help to hear this now in your heartache, I know, but you'll see.

Kimmy, I am so sorry for your pain. I hope things get better. I beleive in God and know God wants what is best for you too.

I hope your fiance comes to his senses. his mom needs counseling not to smother her son.

• 2 weeks later...

Kimmy. sometimes our greatest despair and heartache.. can somehow turn out to be our greatest and most precious gift. but at the time we don't have the ability to even understand what is taking place.