To confront or not to confront

A guy friend and I started dating a few months ago. After a month, things were going very well, but he suddenly informed me that he was going to be moving 5 hours away for his job. This was totally his choice; he was not in a bad situation at work or being forced to do it (we also happen to work together).

The short story is that we had a talk last weekend about how neither of us wanted to have a long distance relationship, and we decided to end things romantically but still be friends. Truth be told, I still wished we could continue things, but I understood the situation was not conducive to that. I didn't ask questions when we broke things off, even though there were things I was dying to know (like if he knew before we got together that he was going to be transferring? and if so, was he just using me?). I decided to save my breathe and work on being friends.

He always seemed like a very respectful guy when we were dating, however he decided to make out with someone else from work the other night at a party. They were both drunk, but multiple people saw it. Obviously, it's his life and I have no say in what he does/doesn't do - but I was really hurt and embarassed by this, especially seeing as we had only broken things off a week ago. I'm not perfect either, but the whole situation just makes me want to cry.

My first reaction was to confront him about it. I think it was rude and disrespectful of my feelings. After all, when he leaves, I'll be the one left at the office to hear about how he made out with this girl in the same breath as how he dated me. After thinking about it though, I'm curious if I should do it or not? One thing about him making out with this girl is that it makes it much easier for me to wipe my hands clean of him - but I don't know if he realizes that he hurt me as much as he did. I don't know if any good could come front a confrontation, but I don't want to be a doormat either. Any advice on the situation is appreciated!!