Suddenly think about him, why?

Long story short, we broke up, both moved on. Strict NC. he got married and divorced. He broke NC and asked for 2nd chance, I refused. Both move on again. Strict NC.

I ran into one of our common friend, chit chat for a while and the friend mentioned his name for a second. After that conversation, loads of episodes between me and him flood into my memory. I started to miss him even though I think he is a jerk.

Can somebody help explaining why this is happening?

I think it's pretty obvious that you aren't over him. You didn't give hardly any information but I'm guessing he really hurt you and you don't want to forgive him.

• Author

Sorry that my posting was too short. We started back in 2 years ago, where he was another man and I had a bf. Then after a year, during an argument, I told him to move on, and he really did. He found another woman and before he got married, I asked him back. I broke up with my bf and waited for his reply. But then he didn't get back to me not until 2 months later. My heart was dead then and I didn't get back to him.

He got married, then after couple months, his wife left and divorced. After couple of months, he started contacting me, told me his stories, and asking me back. Funny thing is we both thought we were dumped by the other side. Another couple of months, he flew to US for training (we were LDR), and begged to see me. I was about to meet him for lunch for a catch up. But the day before I got to see him, he asked if I would stay in the hotel with him. I was mad, I only expected a casual catchup and his intention was just to have sex. I told him that I don't want to waste any of my time on him and didn't see him.

Things went on for weeks and I took this guy out of my mind. Not until yesterday, I ran into his friend and this friend only brought up his name for a nano-second. Then I started to recall all our episodes..., they were flooding in my mind. I am surprised by this as I haven't thought about this person for a while.

I am just wondering why this is happening as I think this guy is a butthead.