Mixed signals or mixed up?

Hi everyone,

Kinda new here, but seems like a good site for support.

Also point out its encouraging to see posts from people 6 months ago all in anguish and despair evolve with time into the ones handing out support and advice!

Anyways, recenlty borke up with my GF ( she broke it off, but it was on the cards for a while ) , had some contact, mainly over the phone and a caught up a few times.

Broke up for the usual reaons, she needed to have space, discover who she is, be by herself etc.

In our conversations since, she now says she doesnt love me anymore one second, then other times she says she does...

An example, we were out to dinner and I was explaining how whilst I love her heaps, I actually have been enjoying the freedom ( the truth ) when She mouthed " I love you too". Then on the phone a week or so later, she said dinner felt awkward, etc. Shed been on a few dates with someone else etc. And she doesnt love me anymore- again. And out of respect for him, we should not see each other.

THEN called me 4 days later to tell me some good news and was all happy and ended the call with "I love you babe, bye"

I dont see myself getting back together with her anytime soon, Im actually moving interstate for work.

The whole new guy thing upsets, naturally, but for her sake (out of love and respect for her) I think shes best of being by herself and discovering herself and being single for a while.

After all thats the main reason why be broke up in the first place, and dating again so soon is really just making the same mistake all over again.

AND shel be in the same position, probably fairly soon.

My theory on the whole mixed messages is that she does still love me, however shes in the process of convincing herself that she doesnt. You tell a lie long enough and you start to believe it.

Long story I know, but any ideas?

Confuggled_one

well to be honest.. i think she is just leading you on.. just using you as a net to fall back on when all else falls. dont let her do that which i was in the same situation. im just givin you some advice. cut it and dont let her put you on a emotional roller coaster bro

Me too same crap different day. I love you and want to be with you but I need time and space. Yeah to be with another guy. It's too bad that people are so dishonest with their true feelings. I love her soooo much and I know she loves me but she needs to find her place in this world. She will regret it and I will have hopefully moved on by then. I do miss her everyday however. You sound like you are doing well and in time you will be fine. You are much stronger than I am. I have a 5 year history so it hurts a bit. Good luck be strong be kind.

mixed signals are not fun. . .my ex doesnt say she loves me, but we've hooked up a few times and we were spending a lot of time with each other until i messed things up. . .it is difficult to saybe patient and dont push her. . .maybe back off all the "i love u's" for a while and let her bug u about not saying it. . .